Saturday 24 January 2009

I would like to thank the Academy for listening...

Apologies for no film review this week, but while I'm here I just want to prove a point, who says the Academy don't have any sense...

Friday 16th January this blog says in regards to The Wrestler...

"...on again, off again stripper girlfriend Pam played by Marisa Tomei (if Rourke deserves an Oscar for his role, then this woman deserves a nod for best supporting actress)..."

Thursday 22nd January, nominations for best supporting actress at the 2009 Oscars...

Amy Adams - Doubt
Penelope Cruz - Vicky Christina Barcelona
Viola Davis - Doubt
Taraji P. Henson - The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button
Marisa Tomei - The Wrestler

Don't doubt me. However due to the politics of the Oscars I reckon Amy Adams is probably going to win for Doubt. Join me in about a month for my supreme divine opinion who I think will win all the big ones.

AM.

No comments: